Thursday, August 04, 2005

Just a quick post... The show at Nihilist HQ was a blast. It was a cool mix of harsh noise, synth punk, junk culture, and feedbacking electric guitar. I believe that I somewhat imposed myself upon the awesome Hazmat set, but it all seemed O.K. with Tony (who figures heavily in our forthcoming Street Level video). There was a nice party atmosphere to offset the staircase challenge to get to the space and the oppresive heat once you got in there. It was great to see the Milwaukee crew in the house - true fucking Midwest unity! In the haze of the night, I only managed to introduce myself to one of the out-of-town guests - Gordon, I believe - and when I woke up this morning, I realized that they had spent the night elsewhere. Sorry... best of luck to Oscillating Innards and Pedestrian Deposit on the rest of their trip. Best of luck also to Snuppy the clone (I now know that its name is a deliberate play on "Snoopy" and is a contraction of Seoul National University Puppy). Looking forward to the next Vigilante show. Now, I need to get the last 20 hours of my life back...