Monday, January 15, 2007

Status


- I will be in LA this Monday through Wednesday, for work.


- I have been catching up with outstanding mail-order packages, as quickly as I can.

- I have had a really dumb studio setback: The Tascam 424 Portastudio that I use for the Super Eight Loop re-masters and new recordings, as well as for aspects of The Fortieth Day, died on me recently. I am trying to find a replacement deck (it needs to record at three different speeds, etc.) as quickly as I can. This is holding up recent orders that included S8L63. I sincerely apologize for this unforeseeable
inconvenience. Any leads on a reasonably priced unit in good working condition would be much appreciated.



- The BLOODYMINDED "Phases : Two" CD-Rs are sitting here, awaiting covers. The local printer should have those ready for when I return from LA.


- The Aaron Dilloway test pressings should also be here later this week. The lacquers were cut last week. Once I approve the tests, the vinyl should be delivered in about 10 days. So I am looking at only a slight delay on that release.

- The Slogun "Hunting Humans" CDs were being assembled early last week, so those should be shipping to me ASAP.

- The Fortieth Day + Sshe Retina Stimulants cassette is going according to schedule. Paolo's master arrived last week, and we are really pleased with the results of his studio processing. That release will not be affected by the Tascam dilemma.

- Friday's show with Haptic was a really great experience. I thought that they conceived of, and choreographed, a really interesting program for that event. Everything seemed to go quite well, based upon our rehearsal and our discussions. Thanks to Adam, Joseph, and Steven, for their interest in including me in this performance. Thanks to Jason and Geoff, for hosting my part of the event. Thanks to everyone who came out to support!

- Finally, BLOODYMINDED will be playing at the No Future Fest III in Chapel Hill, NC, in late April. We are looking into setting up a few shows on the way there, and on the way back. More details will follow as plans become more concrete...