Monday, March 19, 2007

Mail Order - Status

I completed two post office runs, yesterday and today, so all mail-order business is up-to-date.

Thanks to everyone who has been in touch already, in regards to the April BLOODYMINDED tour.

Last night, Isidro and I went to see Mark Burgess - formerly of The Chameleons - play with his new band, Bird. It was a really great show. He dos not disappoint, live. The opening band, Rescue Mission, were really solid, to. They have a strong Blacklist, Interpol, The Chameleons, The Sound, etc., thing going on. They did a cover of "View From A Hill" and Mark jumped on stage to sing with them, and rather surprisingly, they followed with a cover of "Winning" by The Sound, which was great to hear played live. It is a major influence on, and element of, most of my solo live shows.

Pierpaolo Zoppo was kind enough to send me a copy of the lavish new Broken Flag box set on Vinyl On Demand, which I am just digging into. This is a pretty astounding vinyl collection.

I also received the excellent new Sutcliffe Jugend CD - "This Is The Truth" - from Dominick at Hospital Recordings. Vicious!