Friday, July 20, 2007

Last Night's Show

That was a good time. It was very nice to hang out with the Ohio folks for a few hours. Sam's organ drone was definitely more on the thick, dirtied-up, forceful side, and less on the dreamy, church-y side, although it had some prettier, lighter aspects. Nathan and Ben made up a smaller Tusco Terror squad - compared to what BLOODYMINDED played with in Akron and in Chapel Hill, in April - yet the wall of sound that they built, tore down, and built again was no less mighty. The main difference was that they were busy making a heavy noise, so there was less of the physical menace that I witnessed a few months ago.

Jason and I played for just over twenty minutes. He started in with some thick organ/keyboard work, then I slowly started bringing up individual microphone levels to introduce feedback. Once my levels were all up, I began adding vocals, which built up nicely over the last five to ten minutes. Jason must have been keeping the Reversible Eye show in mind because the end was totally on the money, and he shut everything down at the perfect, peak moment, with almost surgical precision. My MiniDisc recording sounds good and I believe that Jason ran directly from the PA mixer to his computer...

I appreciate the support from everyone who made it out to the show. The modest crowd of about 25 people was, thankfully, very enthusiastic. I think that Sam won for having the most friends in attendance, completely putting Jason and me to shame...