Friday, October 24, 2008

Evolution Through Revolution

Good thing that I did not end up going out of town this weekend... The call came in... Mr. Sharp: "New Brutal Truth album in progress. We need noise. Can you bring it?" Me: "Maybe?" I packed up one of the MC-202 synths, a handful of pedals (similar to my set-up with Consumer Electronics), and headed over to Volume Studios. I played synth on a few tracks, plus Sanford recorded some extra stuff to apply later, as needed. From what I heard, it should be a pretty fucking crushing album. As a longtime fan of the band, it would be great if something that I laid down makes it into the final mix.

And just for a trip down recent memory lane, here is a link to my DJ set from when Brutal Truth played in Chicago in 2006: http://bloodlust.blogspot.com/2006/09/brutal-truth-show-dj-setlist.html