Thursday, February 19, 2009

BloodLust! Interview Series: #29 Right-Eye Rita

Right-Eye Rita (also of Walkie-Talkies, Bruce Lamont+Right-Eye Rita+Mark Solotroff, etc.)

1. What have you been listening to lately?

Other people talk

2. Have you been to any interesting concerts recently?

Bloodiest at the Empty Bottle got 5 star rating

3. Can you name a favorite film, or two (or a television program), from the last few months?

No, in fact I just awoke from a bad dream where I was expected to watch a cartoon everyone thought was funny and edgy that I thought was boring.

4. Have you read a good book lately?

I can't sit through a book, but it was encouraging to read an article about Robert Morris, who pretty much single-handedly funded the Revolutionary War, before being f-ed over by the US Government for all his hard work. What a quandary: an infant nation fighting against taxation was unjustified to levy its own taxes even to feed, clothe, and arm its own men. RM used his own fortune to pay soldiers and prevent a revolt, blah blah blah but died penniless. It showed me that all people have had to watch their backs in business from day 1

5. Have you attended any recent art shows worth mentioning?

No but I'm champing at the bit to go to the Art Institute for the 7th-13th century Chinese and Korean ceramics (there through Jun 7)

6. Do you have any current obsessions of note?

Playing with the resurrected Walkie-Talkies, a trio of drums, two singers, guitar, bass, keyboard, violin, and melodica.

7. Please tell me what recordings, projects (any medium), etc., you are working on right now, if anything

I am remastering some old RER tracks with Audacity, and also returning to work with a 4-track cassette recorder which seems to give more even tone quality than my digital multi-tracker which has no individual track EQ.

8. What do you hope to accomplish this year?

Sampling all the products at Ann's Bakery (near Chicago & Leavitt)

9. Is there anything else that you would like to mention, announce, or hype?

I have an upcoming solo show series at Links Hall ( Mar.21,22, and 23, where I hope to employ some neo-futurist kinetic costume techniques within my audio delivery.