Thursday, February 26, 2009

Status - 2/26

- Still in deep work mode...

- I got a large batch of packages (mail-order, Discogs, eBay) out on Tuesday night before practice. More stuff should go out by the end of the day, today

- And what a practice that was on Tuesday! Blake's "rig" seemed to triple in size with the addition of some new heavy-duty support stands, but the sounds emerging from within the framework were excellent. Things were firing on all cylinders and we made excellent progress. "Overcome" is pretty much as tight as can be and I think that we worked out any last compositional elements that were still needed on song number two. It is a monster, no doubt! The third "work-in-progress" still has a ways to go but I think that I am comfortable with the lyrics for that one

- By the end of this week I hope to have a demo to send to the Cadaver in Drag guys for the track that we are collaborating on for their (long delayed -- my fault!) CD on BloodLust! This is easily one of the most direct and venomous songs that I have penned in a loooong time...