Sunday, April 19, 2009

RSD Wrap-Up

Bruce Lamont + Right-Eye Rita + Mark Solotroff
Saturday April 18, 2009
Reckless Records
Chicago, IL

The in-store performance at Reckless Records went really well yesterday. I just listened to the 19-minute recording and I am really pleased with what I heard. We followed a slightly different trajectory with our sound again, allowing for more breathing room, as we had accomplished at The Mopery, back in March. This allowed for greater overall dynamics in the set. I ditched the FX pedals that I used last time, as they seemed like overkill, and I upped the dose of feedback, in a sense. I was pleased to turn around at one point and to see that the crowd had actually grown during our set! It appears that people were drawn into the store because of what they were hearing from out on the street... they were not repelled by the noise... so that is certainly a change... And hey, the store sold out of their stock of our new CD! Thanks to Rita and Bruce, for playing the show with me. Thanks to Dylan and to everyone else at Reckless, for hosting us. Thanks to all of our friends, for coming out to see us.

Our CD (details below) is now available to order directly:
Price: $10.00 USA/$12.00 Canada+Mexico/$14.00 Rest of World @ postpaid
(Wholesale rates available to distributors, mail-order services, and record stores; please inquire)

Please use for PayPal payments