Saturday, May 02, 2009

Lady Doom

I made it out to a really fun show last night at Cobra Lounge... Ran into lots of friends, which was a bonus. Making Ghosts: They seemed more "AmRep" and less doomy than when they opened for Brutal Truth... I am pretty interested to see where they will go with their two-bass pummel. Rabid Rabbit: Andrea on the floor in front of the stage, stomping around like a psychedelic bass dervish. Walls of deep rythm and bass contrasted by greasy, Morbid Angel-esque guitar peels. Cool new sax-through-Echoplex sounds... A great choice to pair with the headliners... Jucifer: Even if my deeper interest in this duo from a few years ago has passed, I still contend that they put on a great, entertaining live show. And they were pretty much as loud as ever... my ears are certainly ringing this morning... but when aren't they?