Saturday, June 13, 2009

Show Recap...

Thank you to everyone who came out to The Mopery... and thanks for the patience in regards to the late start and the PA issues. Josh and Shane pleaded with me not to fry the PA, as I sort of did at the TDS OGF/Suffering Bastard show at Mr. City, a while back. This time, it was not my fault! Unfortunately, some incorrect wiring/set-up meant that Bruce, Delina, and I had a "blow out" during our set. We tried to re-group and carry on, but things only lasted a short while after the system went back on. We never really got up to full-steam in our set, but I was pleased with the slow build-up that we managed to accomplish before things went bad... Luckily, there was alternate gear that could be set up for Josh, Naomi, and Shane, and they all played great and weird sets... Joshua Hydeman did an ultra-dark synth-based dark-ambient/death-industrial set with some blistering vocals that took things into a power-electronics direction and that suddenly made my heart nearly burst out of my chest. Naomi Elizabeth did her sex kitten synth-pop thing, awkwardly yet very cleverly sandwiched between the two dudes... And then Corephallism (Shane Broderick) also played a dark as hell death-industrial set... I am ressurecting the term DEATH AMBIENT for what Josh and Shane are up to right now. After a quick re-set on Shane's Little Boy Blue synth, Josh and I grabbed some microphones and we did a impromptu version of "Leak" - my new track with Cadaver in Drag. That helped me burn of a bit of anger... A short visit to Flat Iron then a backyard session until the birds started chirping loudly, the mosquitos began raging, and the rain started. A leisurely lunch at San Juan... and fuck, they better be in Milwaukee now...

Thanks to Blake for the snapshots:

Bruce Lamont / Delina Russell / Mark Solotroff - June 12, 2009 - The Mopery Chicago

Bruce Lamont / Delina Russell / Mark Solotroff - June 12, 2009 - The Mopery Chicago

Bruce Lamont / Delina Russell / Mark Solotroff - June 12, 2009 - The Mopery Chicago