Sunday, September 06, 2009

Old Growth...

The last Dead Meadow record may be more than a year and a half old, but I was still pleased to go see/hear them last night at the Empty Bottle. I have been to at least a half-dozen of their shows and they always deliver the melancholy psychedelic goods. It partially makes up for missing that last Warlocks show, which was a matter of bad mood-timing. No such trappings have a hold on Dead Meadow's music for me. It was nice to run into a few friends there last night, too... After this Sunday morning metal binge with espresso ends (Laudanum, Velvet Cacoon, Circle of Ouroborus, etc.), I will work back through Dead Meadow's catalog...

EDIT: I forgot to mention how much I liked Follows... Another Chicago indie "super-group" in a post-Atombombpocketknife sort of way/style... with a nice relationship to mid-NYC noise-rock, a la Of Cabbages and Kings, Live Skull, Dustdevils, etc.