Friday, November 27, 2009

From What I Recall, It Was Great!

Just a quick post to say that I had a blast playing with Plague Bringer on Wednesday night. My thanks to Greg and Josh for asking me to join them for this show. As they have been one of my favorite bands to see and to play shows with, for ages, it was a pretty amazing feeling to be up on stage with them... P.B. has such an intense energy, and to be "within" it was electrifying. We started the set with a brand new intro and song that ran about 20-minutes (!) and that I did vocals and synth on. I used the same set-up as with Consumer Electronics and Brutal Truth -- Roland MC-202 through some delay and distortion pedals. I stayed on with the synth for the rest of the set and then added vocals to the last song. Thanks to Kenny for the great sound and for making sure that my synth did not sputter out of control. Alan, Nate and everyone at Cobra Lounge extended amazing hospitality to us all on Wednesday... again, it is such a great place to play. And what heavy-duty company to play in... Dark Castle, Black Tusk, and The Atlas Moth -- all of whom played great fucking sets! The Atlas Moth clearly was at the top of their game, having just returned home that day after playing over 30 shows on tour. I really enjoyed Dark Castle, who were a bit like Jucifer -- minus the gimmicks and on crusty steroids... and still loud as fuck with a fraction of the amps. And speaking of amps... after all of the bands had loaded in, the majority of the room was taken up by gear... it was ridiculous! The staff had to move booths and tables so that the equipment could be moved out of the way to accommodate what quickly became a packed house. The perfect kick-off to a busy weekend of shows, feasts, etc...