Sunday, April 11, 2010

After Ringing Comes...

Well, I think that I reached a new level of deep ear damage today, due to a heavy-duty recording session that occurred this afternoon at the Plague Bringer/AoH space. Isidro and I joined in to raise one hell of a racket with Adam and Mike from Winters in Osaka, Mack from Koufar/Bachir Gemayal, Omar from Socially Retarded/Constrictions, and Rich Hoak from Brutal Truth/Total Fucking Destruction. With a small window of opportunity to meet up and play with Rich while he was in town, it was great to completely blast away, even if I will be feeling like I am underwater for a while. Rich (on drums) and Isidro (on bass+FX) locked into some really cool motorik passages, and the rest of us layered in acres of synth, feedback, noise, etc. It seemed like there were some extremely effective moments, particularly when we managed to pull back back a bit, allowing some completely unexpected combinations of sound to swell up. I am giving a listen to my recording of the session right now, as I transfer it to my computer, and aside from some frustrating MiniDisc glitches, there seems to be some nice material that we will be able to work with. I think that after some careful listening, thought, and editing, there could easily be some very releasable music here. Thanks to Rich for making the effort to play with us while he was back in town. Thanks to Adam for arranging everything. Thanks to Josh and Greg from Plague Bringer and my other band mates for making the space available to us today - and especially to Dylan for the use of his drum kit!