Friday, November 03, 2006
- The Bereft test pressing has been approved, so we seem to be on schedule for the November 13 release date. The test copy sounds excellent, with clear, crisp volume deserving of this release.
- Since I was spinning vinyl, I put the new M.O. single on, as it has been about two weeks since I last listened to it. I am so pleased with this release! I think that it has such a unique sound. This makes me really look forward to the next full-length CD, even more!
Saturday November 4, 2006
2255 S. Michigan Avenue, 4E
(enter on 23rd Street)
Chicago, IL 60601
Thursday, November 02, 2006
- Isidro and I had a really successful session for The Fortieth Day tonight, followed by a great pozole and mole session. We recorded new material and we continued our discussion about plans for our radio show later this month. Tonight's session ran just over an hour, and we worked with a continuous "groove" that, at times, almost had a weird Krautrock thing happening. The recording sounds so full that it could almost stand alone, but that does not really fit the underlying recording and mixing
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Monday, October 30, 2006
- eBay and dubbing tapes have pretty much been the order of the day.
- As the details have been worked out for the debut performance of The Fortieth Day, I am happy to announce the following information:
Sunday November 26, 2006
Hosted by Philip von Zweck
WLUW 88.7 FM
http://www.wluw.org/ (Live stream)
Time: 10:00 PM
The Fortieth Day
(Isidro Reyes and Mark Solotroff of BLOODYMINDED)
with special guest:
Sshe Retina Stimulants (Italy)
(P.NG5361.B - A.K.A. Paolo Bandera - also of Sigillum S, Sidra, etc.)