Sunday, February 11, 2007

Feb 9 show / Archives / Doom




Friday February 9, 2007
The Flowershop
Chicago, IL

Jason Soliday + Mark Solotroff
with
Lambsbread
Halorazorhead
Locrian
Binges

Thanks to everyone who made it out to the show on Friday. The support was amazing! I had a great night and I really enjoyed all of the sets. Thanks to Nick/Busker, for being such a great host; thanks to Jason, for working with me again and for dragging the PA over to the space; thanks to all of the other bands; thanks to all the friends who made it out on such a cold night, especially the Milwaukee crew. Marlene's video camera seems to have died while she was in Vietnam, but I will post a picture taken by Neil Jendon with his cell phone (thanks!)

Also, the new Sword Heaven/Lambsbread split LP on Lost Treasures of the Underworld Records is a must have!





- It looks like the mandatory switchover from the old Blogger interface to the newer Google Blogger system just caused nearly five years (?) of archives to disappear. They still exist on the catalog page, so I will try to look into it for this page. Oddly, I am not terribly bummed out, as I have always thought of this site as being a temporary, albeit long-term-temporary, thing...

- I saw Hidden Hand, Kylesa, and Minsk, at the Empty Bottle last night. It was a great show. Minsk seem to get better and better every time that I see them. This was the third Kylesa show that I have seen and they did not disappoint. I really like their blend of early- to mid-Neurosis-type crushing intensity, mixed with elements of sludgier southern Eyehategod/Buzzov-en style heaviness. I enjoyed Hidden Hand much more than when Xavier and I saw them with Om and Unearthly Trance at the Knitting Factory, the weekend of No Fun Fest 2005. Wino is a warrior!