Friday, February 02, 2007
- The February update has been mailed out and it has been posted on the catalog weblog.
- The Sword Heaven private series 7-inch master has been sent off to the pressing plant.
- The first batch of packages with the Aaron Dilloway single are out the door. More will be sent out over the next few days.
Thursday, February 01, 2007
- I am ultra-swamped with work stuff this week, let alone preparing numerous packages with the new Aaron Dilloway single, and now I am heading back to NYC for work, next Monday and Tuesday.
- Regarding the show on Friday the 9th at the Flowershop, Halo Razor Head from Columbus will also be playing a short set that night.
- The upcoming live (in front of an audience) debut of The Fortieth Day, on the 20th, will be a collaboration with Noise Crush, who will be adding a visual element (a live video-mix) to our sound. We are doing preparatory work for the show with Lisa, which is really exciting.
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
BloodLust! New Release - Out Now:
Artist: Aaron Dilloway
Title: "White Hair" b/w "Amputation"
Catalog Number: BloodLust! 073
Genre: Noise / Experimental
The thirteenth release in a series of private 7-inch singles
Here is another entry in the BloodLust! Detroit chapter, this time coming from Aaron Dilloway. For this single, Dilloway (Hanson Records, Wolf Eyes, The Beast People, Miscarriage, Violent Ramp, etc.) offers up two unique pieces of unsettlingly dark electronics. The creeping, slow-paced A-Side is highlighted by its underwater synth style and its insistent-yet-mysterious vocals. The B-Side starts off with a much harder, oscillating impact, and it evolves into something akin to what might be the final sounds heard before a psychedelic death. Fans of early 1980s synth, industrial, and power-electronics (e.g. Maurizio Bianchi, Lustmord, Esplendor Geometrico, Kraang) will surely bask in the decayed, anxiety-inducing sound of this record.
Pressed in an edition of 300 copies
White labels with minimal black text
Poly-lined inner sleeve
Unmarked white cardboard sleeve (sealed on three sides)
Black and white insert
$7.00 USA/$10.00 World @ postpaid
Wholesale rates are available - Please inquire
Please use firstname.lastname@example.org for PayPal payments, or make money orders payable to: MARK SOLOTROFF (not BloodLust!)
Sunday, January 28, 2007
- I was happy to have the opportunity to see C. Spencer Yeh perform last night at a Lampo event that was pleasingly held at the Renaissance Society, with a backdrop of handsome, stark, monochromatic paintings by Scott Short. Spencer played two separate pieces, the first generated by his mouth/throat/nose/head/whatever, and the second by his violin. The vocal stuff ranged from farty and funny to gurgling, gutteral, and horrific. The violin piece was massive sounding, and more heavy BxC style than shoegazery. The sounds that came out of the four speaker columns filled the tall room in such a good way. A full crowd showed up for this excellent, free event. Afterwards, Spencer and I drank beer and ate Tater Tots at Skylark, with his universty friend Karen, until the wee-ish hours (meaning early bar time). I am looking forward to his return in late March...