Friday, March 07, 2008

Reading

I am having trouble remembering the last novel that I read... It seems like all music books these days... I recently finished "The Day the Country Died: A History of Anarcho Punk 1980 to 1984," by Ian Glasper, which could easily sour the crustiest punk regarding the integrity of many bands of that genre. I also knocked off "20 Jazz Funk Greats" (from the 33 1/3 series) by Drew Daniel (of Matmos fame), which caused me to play that CD a bunch of times, not to mention several other TG albums, and it even made me contemplate the daunting, counterfeit "TG24" and "TG+" material that has been awaiting my ears. The book of the moment is, big surprise, the recently released "Joy Division: Piece by Piece (Writing about Joy Division 1977-2007)" by Paul Morley. So far, so good... Maybe I should fucking finish "Postminimalism," since I dragged it around the U.K. back in November/December. It might help drive some new thinking on the whole multiple microphone thing, as Pieter had originally expressed...


"Rope Piece" = "Rope Trick"?