Monday, June 23, 2008

More on Saturday's set at Enemy

I just listened to the MiniDisc from Saturday. Thankfully, it is glitch-free. My performance lasted about 16 minutes, including a very slow build-up. As I announced, I used the lyrics and melody from a new song that Animal Law is working on, called "Hurry, Please." But, overall, I think that I payed more attention to the feedback/frequencies for this set. There seemed to be a pretty good balance of lows and highs, thanks to the subwoofer at Enemy, even if the MiniDisc did not capture it all. As was pointed out to me, there was an interesting (if slightly cringeworthy/obvious) rising sine-wave at the end of set, driven by me reducing the number of microphones being heard, while a feedback loop was still open. Thanks to everyone who came out to support me - and/or the touring artists - especially on a night with so many shows! Overall, I was pleased with the set, and I think that it will be my last solo performance for a while. Jason Soliday, and I, have some details to work out for next Saturday's show, and I think that I will be using more stripped-down gear... probably just four microphones... and no obvious lyrics...