Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weekend...

Busy weekend, here. I have been reviewing the recordings (audio and video) from last week's shows, which came out well, in general. Family stuff, house guests, the annual O'Banion's reunion party, and I made time to see Christian Death, last night. I enjoyed the show a lot -- and luckily, I know the new album well, because they focused on it, heavily. I believe that the only two really older songs were "This Glass House" and "This is Heresy." It was my first time at Reggie's, which is a pretty good rock club. The stage is nice and big and the PA seemed strong. A bit costly, maybe... Anyhow, I was kind of shocked by how few people showed up. Maybe it was the venue switch, since Bottom Lounge still is not open, maybe it was general bad promotion, or maybe it was the ongoing boycott by Rozz Williams' eternal fans. Regardless, Valor, Maitri, and crew, put on a good, if rushed (by the venue), performance. He is a lifer, that is for sure... My Cold Dead Hand opened... ex-Trouble and Wickerman guys... really good, dark rock... a bit of death rock, a bit of goth, a bit of metal... Looking forward to seeing them again...