The March update has been sent out to my mailing list and it has been posted on the catalog weblog, on the MySpace blog page, and on the Troniks/Chondritic Sound forum.
Please note that BloodLust! 053 Slogun "Bleached" 7-inch is now sold out.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
- The dead of winter continues
- I just did another big Post Office run. All paid orders (individual and distro) - as well as eBay orders and auctions - have been sent out. This includes initial order for The Fortieth Day "II" CD
- I am awaiting a test copy of B!102 Mark Solotroff + Sshe Retina Stimulants "Excellent Manipulation of Distorted Tape Death: Part Two - Super Density Assemblage" CD for approval. I anticipate a March 10 (or earlier release)
- B!091 M.O. "Where Are We Going?" CD will be off to the pressing plant, pending a final check of the master CD and the art files
- I received the master for B!094 Failing Lights "True Form" private series 7-inch, this past weekend - from Mr. Connelly - while Wolf Eyes were in town. I am quite pleased with the results, to say the least. More news on this release, soon...
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
The forthcoming M.O. (AKA Mauthausen Orchestra) CD, "Where Are We Going?" is about to be pressed. Here is a look at the front cover of the beautiful Digipak that Megan Emish designed for this compact disc. The projected release date is Monday March 24, 2008. More details will follow shortly, in the March update...
The Fortieth Day "II" CD
$14.00 USA/$17.00 World @ postpaid
(CD edition of out-of-print cassette, originally released in a numbered edition of 50 copies in 2006; The Fortieth Day is the duo of Isidro Reyes and Mark Solotroff, both key players in the power- electronics outfit BLOODYMINDED, a unit known for its confrontational live shows. Here, Solotroff and Reyes show off their kinder, gentler side, using guitar, bass, and synth to improvise "sustained, withering blasts of high-pitched noise that are as distinct from one another as spotlights sweeping across the night sky; jackhammer clatter, jet-engine whines, and forlorn keyboard melodies dart in and out of those huge sounds with the grace and impunity of plovers picking a crocodile's teeth" [Bill Meyer, Chicago Reader]. Professionally duplicated CD, single panel, double-sided insert; black and white artwork; in jewel box with shrinkwrap; Released in 2008)
We are happy to welcome Hörsturz in Lauf-Veldershof, Germany, Red Light in Salt Lake City, Utah, and Wierd Records in Brooklyn, NY, to our list of distributors (links at right). We are also excited about developments related to the re-launch of Hanson Records in Oberlin, Ohio...
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Monday, February 25, 2008
I just posted a small batch of photos of BLOODYMINDED from our February 6, 2008 show at The Empty Bottle, here:
Thanks to Anna!