1. What have you been listening to lately?
Dead Can Dance - "Dead Can Dance"
Bonnie 'Prince' Billie - "Master And Everyone"
Clan of Xymox - "Subsequent Pleasures"
Of The Wand And The Moon - "Emptiness Emptiness Emptiness"
John Adams - "Doctor Atomic"
Front 242 - "Backcatalogue"
Tallis Scholars - "Tallis Scholars Sing Josquin"
2. Have you been to any interesting concerts recently?
Xeno & Oaklander, Martial Canterel
3. Can you name a favorite film, or two (or a television program), from the last few months?
"Synecdoche, New York", "Naked" (Mike Leigh), TV: "Flight of the Conchords".
4. Have you read a good book lately?
"Simulacra and Simulation", Baudrillard.
5. Have you attended any recent art shows worth mentioning?
Marlene Dumas, New York MOMA
6. Do you have any current obsessions of note?
Philosophy, music, poetry, yoga, Asia. Domus.
7. Please tell me what recordings, projects (any medium), etc., you are working on right now, if anything
Working on new recordings for new release(s). Compiling music for re-release. Starting video project(s).
8. What do you hope to accomplish this year?
Live life to its fullest, as if this year were the last. Music: release two or three releases, soundtracks, delve deeper into experimental and textual pieces. Interested in long and ultra-long form pieces. Atonality and disruption as seminal starting point. Disruptive textures. Collaborations. Explore harder and harsher formal/dance pieces. Art: video, painting, writing. Narrative pieces combining elements of the above. Personal: domus & connection. Keen to travel abroad -- see something new. Prosperity in the deluge.
9. Is there anything else that you would like to mention, announce, or hype?