Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Status - 1/28

Heading to NYC tomorrow... Anyone with a spare Amebix ticket or two (Bowery Ballroom - Thu 1/29) - please let me know - as the show is sold out!

Mail-order will be on hold until I return on Monday night.

If it was snowing last night, it must have been Tuesday - practice night --- Great progress last night. "Overcome" feels locked in. Lots of work to still be done on bits and pieces of new material... voice is getting stronger and stronger... trying new things... throat still feels a bit shredded today... three to four hours of singing/screaming will do that, I suppose...


I re-watched Peter Watkin's "Edvard Munch" (1974) as I had been thinking about some themes/(inner) dialog in the film that might work nicely as lyrics with the new band. Good, grim viewing for this icy winter. Too bleak, probably... Anyone who saw BLOODYMINDED in February of 2005 in Detroit, Champaign, or Chicago, might have an inking of my interest in coughing up blood...

Listening:
BodyChoke "Completion" CD
Live Skull (various albums)
Ulaan Khol

The interviews will continue to be posted while I am away. I just will not be posting links in places such as the Troniks/Chondritic Sound or Minimal Wave boards. Don't forget to check back...