Wednesday, February 04, 2009

BloodLust! Interview Series: #15 Neil Jendon



Neil Jendon (Abduction, Buglette, ex-Zelienople, ex-Catherine, etc.)

1. What have you been listening to lately?

I have an endless fascination with the Fall; the older I get, the more I admire Mark E. Smith's cranky tenacity. Also, the Numero label has been putting out the best compilations I've ever heard, and they're on vinyl.

2. Have you been to any interesting concerts recently?

White/Light poured it on something awesome not long ago.

3. Can you name a favorite film, or two (or a television
program), from the last few months?

The best movie I've seen recently was Into Great Silence. It's one of those movies that sound dreadful when explained, but it's a stunner.


4. Have you read a good book lately?


No, lots of bad ones, though.

5. Have you attended any recent art shows worth mentioning?


Unfortunately, no.

6. Do you have any current obsessions of note?


The various illnesses (real or perceived) that are constantly attacking me. Time to check my pulse and blood pressure.

7. Please tell me what recordings, projects (any medium),
etc., you are working on right now, if anything

Jason Soliday and I have a duo set coming up that we've been preparing for. I'd like to get some sort of recording done with Jason, because I think we make a good noise.


I've also been working on a new set of minimal techno relying exclusively on an old Akai sampler I recently repaired (MPC-60) and a guitar plugged directly into it. We'll see if that amounts to anything.


8. What do you hope to accomplish this year?

See above. I feel that last year something clicked and I got my game together. I want to collaborate with as many people as I can and try not to suck.


9. Is there anything else that you would like to mention.


2/13/09 Jendon/Soliday at the Mopery. 2734 N. Milwaukee
4/13/09 Neil Jendon/Joseph Mills at Myopic. 1564 N. Milwaukee