Thursday, February 05, 2009

BloodLust! Interview Series: #16 Fecalove



Nicola Vinciguerra (Fecalove, Taeter, Splinter Vs Stalin, the Turgid Animal label, etc.)

1. What have you been listening to lately?

As usual , mainly french pop . The same songs , over and over again. France Gall (there are some really good vinyl re-issues of her classic albums, identical to the originals!), Clothilde and the more modern (?) Yelle.
I've been enjoying a lot GX Jupitter-Larsen's "Big Time Crash Bang" LP on RRR, in fact it's one of my favourite records ever!
Sounds of car crashes layered and looped on black vinyl, I can't really imagine a better record .
Blod box set on Segerhuva is amazing.
Other than that, I've been dubbing lots of tapes for Turgid Animal and just listening to them pretty much every time.

2. Have you been to any interesting concerts recently?

Yes , on Christmas' Eve two local punk rock bands (The Manges and The Peawees) joined for their annual tribute to The Ramones: playing the whole "It's Alive!" set list. It was really fun , ultra packed in a tiny smelly room as it should be. I felt sick for two weeks afterwards!

3. Can you name a favorite film, or two (or a television program), from the last few months?

I watched Spider Baby a couple of times .. I'm obviously in love with Virginia. And with the soundtrack .
Also I enjoyed watching Conan The Barbarian with Arnold Schwarzenegger + John Milius audio commentary, fucking brilliant!
Last week I watched "Bird People In China" by Takashi Miike , I loved the Yunnan setting .

4. Have you read a good book lately?

"Modern Drunkard" by Frank Kelly Rich and "The Redneck Manifesto" by Jim Goad provided good fun. I also browsed (again and again) through my whole Ogenki Clinic collection , I love that comic book.

5. Have you attended any recent art shows worth mentioning?

Not recently and certainly not worth mentioning!

6. Do you have any current obsessions of note?

Following sadly mediocre Chicago Bulls matches on TV ! For the first time since my childhood i have the chance to watch NBA again , and I'm totally addicted . And yeah , i grew up watching Michael Jordan so I'm still attached to the Bulls. I still have the team flag (more than 15 years old now?) in my bedroom!

7. Please tell me what recordings, projects (any medium), etc., you are working on right now, if anything

I just finished working on the Fecalove tracks for a split tape with Cracksteel on Turgid Animal , and I'm still working on a collaboration with Government Alpha . I'll also release a Fecalove full length on Lona Records from Hong Kong , but it's still in the early stages of de-composition .
Taeter CD should finally be out in the matter of months and I'm preparing a sleazy & fun vinyl release of pop/rock/Intrinsic Action covers ;)
Splinter Vs Stalin are on a few collaboration projects with various Italian entities such as Odrz , Andrea Marutti and Dante Tanzi + we're still trying to finish our collaboration-galore full length CD , featuring other artists from all over the world . We might be one of the slowest noise bands around at this point!

As for art , I'm still drawing new (delayed forever) comics and illustrations for a nasty, nasty book . And of course ugly illustrations for Turgid Animal and a few other labels. I'm looking forward for more exhibitions! Some new prints of mine will be shown at Ellogallery in Portsmouth, New Hampshire from next week . They also carry some older prints of mine that are sold out from me so buy buy buy!

8. What do you hope to accomplish this year?

Having more fun than I did in 2008 (which was more fun than 2007)! Maybe finally moving from Italy? It's about time...

9. Is there anything else that you would like to mention, announce, or hype?

Turgid Animal's sub/side/sister black metal label Legion Blotan started! A couple of cds and a 7" out at the moment .. http://legion-blotan.blogspot.com ; http://www.myspace.com/legionblotan - Euro-only underground black metal. It's still me and George. More good stuff coming soon. Hail Satan!