1. What have you been listening to lately?
Klaus Schulze - Mirage
Luasa Raelon - The House of Flesh
Manhunter - Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack
November Növelet - Magic
Oppenheimer Analysis - New Mexico
Redrot - Live Basement Murders
Thergothon - Stream From The Heavens
Trepaneringsritualen - Ritualer, Blot Och Bötgoring
And as always, many artists of the WIERD persuasion...
2. Have you been to any interesting concerts recently?
3. Can you name a favorite film, or two (or a television program), from the last few months?
I finally threw down for the Cassavetes 'Five Films' box set, so I've started to revisit those. Despite the ridiculous acts of suppression and candy-coating pumped into the release, it still sits nicely next to my rare and unRowlandsed copy of HUSBANDS, which I consider to be the ultimate in JC. As far as recent stuff goes, I thought 'The Wrestler' was handled really well.
4. Have you read a good book lately?
Yes, it's called 'Hamburger America'. An inspiring piece of work, to say the least.
5. Have you attended any recent art shows worth mentioning?
6. Do you have any current obsessions of note?
Whatever they may be, none of them seem to involve much sleep.
7. Please tell me what recordings, projects (any medium), etc., you are working on right now, if anything
Preparing Anal Hearse material for eventual release. Scoring a feature film that concerns decaying relationships in a post-apocalypse. Meditating on other projects that I need to approach (or in some cases, reapproach).
8. What do you hope to accomplish this year?
9. Is there anything else that you would like to mention, announce, or hype?
In addition to the BLOODYMINDED material in the pipeline that I'm very excited about, there's the first proper CD by Klinikal Skum (Ryan Oppermann aka Redrot, Neuntöter Der Plage, etc), entitled 'Chosen Powerless', which is something I'll be releasing on Expectorant Recordings by the end of winter. A wonderfully dark pairing of Climax Denial and Staccato du Mal is also in the works (to be co-released with BloodLust!), and you can expect some of my solo work to surface in the near future as well.