Tuesday, February 10, 2009

BloodLust! Interview Series: #21 Climax Denial



Alex Kmet (Climax Denial, Ten Little Piggies, Godsick)

1. What have you been listening to lately?

Sombre Chemin - Doctrine, Bilskirnir - Wotansvolk, Antony & the Johnsons - The Crying Light, Rape-X - False, and The Names - Swimming

2. Have you been to any interesting concerts recently?

I have to give this one to some local boys (MKE/Madison), Reptile Worship. I've seen them a few times in the past couple months and it always blows me away. Really heavy droning industrial noise, powerful stuff.

3. Can you name a favorite film, or two (or a television program), from the last few months?

Class of Nuke'Em High, In A Glass Cage, and C.H.U.D. I've also been fiendishly watching the Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th series lately. As for TV, I've most recently been into Californication and Law and Order - Special Victims Unit.

4. Have you read a good book lately?

The Sex Life of the Foot & Shoe by William A. Rossi. It's fascinating, even if you're not a pervert!

5. Have you attended any recent art shows worth mentioning?

I don't follow art as much as I'd like to... haven't been to an opening since Pieter Schoolwerth's show last year. Recently I purchased the book Devil's Milk by artist Stu Mead, and it's pretty fantastic.

6. Do you have any current obsessions of note?

The main focus of my obsessive energy (and money) over the past year or so has been collecting (R.I.P.) Atrax Morgue releases. There are, of course, many other things I have been obsessing over, but you won't hear about them unless you buy me a drink or two...

7. Please tell me what recordings, projects (any medium), etc., you are working on right now, if anything.

I have several Climax Denial releases in the works: "Impulse" cassette on Syzmic Records, a tape on After Death Records out of Denton, TX. And several splits on different media with Fecalove, Rape-X, Molester, and Staccato Du Mal.

8. What do you hope to accomplish this year?

I am in fact planning something big, but I don't yet wish to discuss it.

9. Is there anything else that you would like to mention, announce, or hype?

There will be a much more in-depth interview with me in the forthcoming debut issue of As Loud As Possible magazine, which I understand also includes reviews of almost all of my releases, courtesy of Chris Sienko.