Mike Connelly (Failing Lights, Wolf Eyes, Hair Police, The Haunting, the Gods of Tundra label, etc.)
1. What have you been listening to lately?
Irish folk music..especially Mary o'Hara..she plays harp and sings..anything on the original Tradition Records, Pat's People, Wolfe Tones, Ourselves Alone..more.
2. Have you been to any interesting concerts recently?
I just got back from Berlin w/Hair Police. Also on the bill was some people doing a Stockhausen piece in which they fasted for 4 days leading up to set, Josephine Foster, some lectures and panel discussions...and Hair Police. I would say the word "interesting" describes that gig perfectly.
3. Can you name a favorite film, or two (or a television program), from the last few months?
Fruit of Paradise, Bone, Delicatessen, House (Hausa).
4. Have you read a good book lately?
"Inside the Mind of BTK" by John Douglas, "Hellboy: Darkness Calls", "Lullaby" and "Survivor" by Chuck Palahniuk, "A Drink With Shane MacGowan" by MacGowan.
5. Have you attended any recent art shows worth mentioning?
No, but Tara has been doing some really fucking incredible small sculpture/assemblage type things that I look at everyday.
6. Do you have any current obsessions of note?
The same sights, sounds and ideas that I'm always obsessed with.....and chess.
7. Please tell me what recordings, projects (any medium), etc., you are working on right now, if anything
New records from both HP and Wolf Eyes this year..currently finishing up both. Also full length Failing Lights album for Intransitive as well as a million other things--music and painting--on a daily basis.
8. What do you hope to accomplish this year?
Beat Olson in chess.
9. Is there anything else that you would like to mention, announce, or hype?
There will be plenty of touring with both HP and Wolf Eyes in 09...so see you in the pit.