Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Status - 5/26

- I met Terence from Locrian today to see a test of the "Drenched Lands" LP sleeve, which is shaping up quite beautifully. The letterpress and debossed artwork looks great! Things are getting closer...

- The test copies of The Golden Sores "A Peaceable Kingdom" CD arrived today and they look and sound excellent. We may have copies by June 1st, but if not, they will definitely be ready for the band's CD release show on Sunday June 7th

- I made a run to the Post Office so all paid orders received over the long holiday weekend - barring the Intrinsic Action T-shirts which will be ready to ship on Monday June 1st - have been mailed out


- On a side note, since I was downtown, I made my first visit to the newly opened Modern Wing at the Art Institute. It was like being on vacation, even though the museum and much of its contents are more familiar to me than most things in Chicago, being primarily in the new wing today really made it seem like I was at a museum in another city. It was so nice to see old friends put away for a while... Bacon, Bellmer, Matta, Balthus, Rothko, Hesse, etc... I cannot wait to go back, ASAP..