Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bowie or Obituary

Right now, I would totally be listening to the new Obituary album, "Darkest Day," if I could yank "Heroes" out of my CD player. After a couple of spins of the complete album (following many recent plays), I am now repeating "Sense of Doubt," "Moss Garden," and "Neuköln," with an extra "V-2 Schneider" thrown in, here and there. What better soundtrack for a Saturday morning that brings jet fighters racing back and forth across the Chicago sky. Jesus, I even got chills earlier this week, re-watching "Christiane F. - Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo," at the points when "V-2 Schneider" and "Sense of Doubt" appear on the soundtrack. And is/was there a subconscious connection between "Heroes" and the Anatomy of Habit song "Overcome"? I will think about that later...