Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Office Ambience

Some recent rotations:
Circle Of Ouroborus "Cast To The Pits"
Circle Of Ouroborus "Old Ghosts" (More of the expected C.O.O. style on both of these, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. With so many releases, their songs do tend to blur into one another at some points. But their basic sound and style works well for me)
Earth "Angels Of Darkness, Demons Of Light" (About as much of a non-event as I had expected. I tried...)
Haus Arafna "You" (I had followed the first 10 or so releases on Galakthorrö and then I lost interest. This has been getting a lot of favorable reviews, so I wanted to check it out. Neither industrial nor minimal synth. Not sure about it... Maybe good for Die Form fans? I preferred when they appealed to S.P.K. fans)
Mogwai "Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will" (Predictable, but not bad... just a bit dull... background music... but most of their stuff is to me, at this point)
Wire "Red Barked Tree" (Sort of a more mid-80's style Wire record. More interesting music than where they were headed of late... but some pretty trite lyrics)