Monday, January 26, 2009

Locrian Sessions

I was really pleased to have been involved in Locrian's recording sessions this weekend at Phantom Manner. Thanks to Terence, Andre, and Andrew (Velnias) for having me over. It is a surprise to me, but I am already listening to a rough, no FX, unmixed, un-sequenced version of the album, right now as I drink my espresso, and I am pretty speechless. This will not be an easy record to pigeonhole, by any means. It contains elements of drone, psychedelic, black metal, power-electronics, avant-garde composition, etc. Besides my vocal, feedback, and synth contributions, Bruce Lamont from Yakuza and Blake Judd from Nachtmystium were at the studio yesterday adding to the amazing mix of sounds. To say the least, I am really looking forward to hearing the final versions when they are completed!