Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Status - 11/18

- Isidro and I went to see/hear Haptic + Lisa Slodki at the MCA last night. For their second performance in the 12x12 gallery, the trio added new elements to their arsenal, compared to last week. Recordings made in the museum acted as a "bed" (their words) for the 30-minute sound piece, over which slowly building percussive parts were added, layered over the insistent hum and buzz of contact mic'd VCRs and monitors. Another solid crowd was on hand to witness what resembled a more complex and familiar sounding Haptic session. Similarly, Lisa switched up her video loops to include more architectural and boxy components that related to the field recordings made within the museum's white cubes

- We ran by the Post Office after the show, as I needed to do a quick follow-up mail run due to the recent increase in orders (which I am grateful for!). All paid orders are on their way. I intend to do one more mail run this week to cover pre-orders that have already arrived. It was my first time at my P.O. box since before the Boston trip, and there was a pile of packages waiting for me there. Lots of new music to listen to, and I will be in touch with everyone ASAP. I was most excited to see a package from Ad Noiseam, which included copies of the new Wilt double CD, "Cemetery Road / Dead Electroniks"-- the second disc of which includes my collaboration/remix track, "Signe Correct Correspondant." I am just digging into disc one now, over espresso, and it seems like a perfect early morning, dark rainy day creeper...

- Isidro and I also discussed further plans for the upcoming live radio broadcast of the collaboration with The Fortieth Day, Sshe Retina Stimulants, and Terence Hannum. Since my synth activities have been on the rise this past year, I think that I will stick to that role for this show, passing my guitar onto maestro P.NG5361.B for the evening...