Wednesday, July 11, 2012

CVLT Nation reviews Anatomy of Habit EP

We are flattered by the ongoing support that CVLT Nation has been giving Anatomy of Habit!


The new Anatomy of Habit self-titled EP is a sonic diagram of audio magic, and it’s available here. For me, this band defies labels, which makes them masters of their own universe. They define what it is for all elements of a band to come together as one. The first thing that grabs my attention about this release is the insightful lyrics that I can relate to like I know them on a personal level. Anatomy of Habit’s vocals puts so much emotion into his delivery that there is no way not to feel where he is coming from. Then you have the musicianship of this band, which speaks its own language of rhythm and bugged-out repetative melody, that creates a surreal and enchanting atmosphere. Song number two, “The Decade Plan,” is something that I will listen to from now until my last breath. The words on this record will have a conversation with your inner doubts, and afterwards your insecurities will become the things that make you strong. As songwriters, Anatomy of Habit know how to wrap your eardrums in dirge before burying the nonsense of the outside world in its own unmarked grave. What I enjoy about this band is not just how they sound, but also how they make me feel with each listen. Anatomy of Habit use space an instrument of awesomeness that will expand your imagination with each listen. If I had it my way, every living being would inject themselves with this music, and maybe then we might start to know what’s real. Anatomy of Habit should be shared, so make sure to tell your friends that you know a band that breaks down the human condition like no other!